we have Electric Popsicle, made from the leftover Kool-Aid dye all mixed together. I spiraled the roving into a bowl, poured on the dye, then mixed up some neon purple and poured it all around the edges. It did not explode in the microwave.
In the center is Old Gold. I mixed up two batches of dye for this. Two parts Wilton's Daffodil Yellow with one part Ivory for each batch. I poured one on the roving, squished it in, then flipped the whole mess over and poured on the second batch. It also failed to explode in the microwave. I'm in the process of carding this one to make a more uniform color, but I think it looks pretty cool.
On the right is Fruit Salad. This photo (naturally) fails to show the grooviness of this roving. It goes from a sort of red grape color to cantaloupe to peach to watermelon and back. It's summery and cheerful and exactly what I was going for when I decided to play with color the other day.
This is the one that exploded.
I've decided to do two things next time. First, use a little less of the black cherry Kool-Aid next time. Second, put the plastic wrap package in a casserole dish next time. I went with the whole package idea because I wanted to keep the colors separate.
Hopefully a dish will keep the colors separate from the floor...