I'm feeling kind of disjointed today. I had a really awful dream about being caught in a flood; New York or Chicago, I think. Combine that with the constant griping at work, and it can really ruin your mood!
As my own personal counter-attack, I would like to present a list of small things that make me happy. Himself and Little Himself, plus our many friends and family members are not included on this list because they are the big, important things that cheer me up.
1. One of my co-workers brings Apple Newtons to work because she knows I like them.
2. One of my favorite coffeeshops makes blackberry mochas on request.
3. I had a lovely conversation with a perfect stranger, because she happened to be reading a knitting magazine.
4. Long walks are free.
5. Sunny days are also free.
6. A cat purred at me today.
7. There were no bills in today's mail.
8. My shoes are comfortable.
9. I am now only seven pounds over my pre-baby weight.
10. Scrubs was on this afternoon.
11. The local orchard has Honeycrisp apples.
12. Most garages contain cars and tools. Ours contains several hundred pounds of raw fleece.
Hey, I'm in a great mood now! What's on your list?