02 February 2008

American Pie, revisited.

A long, long time ago,
I can still remember how directing
used to make me smile.

And I knew, if I had my chance,
that we could make our patrons dance
and maybe we'd be famous for a while.

But someone out there made me shiver
with proclamations she'd deliver.
Bad news via e-mail,
she'd drop the ball and then bail.

It made me nearly want to cry
when I learned about her blatant lie,
then something snapped down deep inside.
Today, the music died.

So bye-bye, Miss Control Freak, good-bye!
Could have put up with your garbage
but my patience ran dry.
Perhaps someday we'll put this difference aside,
but for now I'm gonna have to resign.

2 comments:

Lisa Marie said...

If you weren't pregnant, I would offer you some whiskey and rye to celebrate lol

Mags said...

Hey~
Awwww, too bad!! Sometimes there is no choice, other than walking away...